Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Easy peezy leopard scarf...

The best part of sewing is how instant the gratification can be. This is not always the case in larger projects, but you would be surprised how quickly you can make things, especially if they are for yourself and do not have to be ultra perfect. 

I was at Joann Fabrics a couple of weeks ago, and came across this medium weight polyester leopard print. I have leopard problems, so I knew I needed to make something out of it. Then THIS pin popped into my head, and it was a done deal...

So I bought half a yard of the fabric and made an infinity scarf. Basically, I just trimmed up the edges then sewed down each long side using my rolled hem foot. It was my first time to use it, and it was a little wonky in some spots. But because this was for me, no big deal because literally no one would be able to notice. After rolling the two long sides, I roll hemmed the short sides, and then just seamed them together with a straight stitch. So easy! If you don't have a rolled hem foot or are too scared to use it, you can just do a 1/4 fold and another 1/4 fold and straight stitch to hold it in place. 

Leopard on leopard...

Here's a closeup of the rolled hem...

You can see on the left side of the hem, that it didn't "roll" all the way. Seriously, you can't tell at all when you're wearing it, so don't stress out if it's not perfect :). 

Love,
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment