Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

My first quilt...

I started sewing in June, so making my first quilt by January feels like a pretty solid accomplishment. This is not a tutorial, but I just wanted to share, because this quilt is special to me for more than one reason.

My best friend since first grade is having a baby boy any day now, and there was no more compelling reason to make a quilt than for her baby boy. I actually didn't know at the time that the nursery was a nautical theme, I was just going off a hunch that she and her husband would enjoy the overall theme of the fabrics I put together.

My first born quilt...

To get an idea of the scale...

The back shows the actual quilting I did which was just a 3/8 stitch away from either side of the chevron seams. 

Like I said, at the moment, this is not a tutorial, but if you have any questions about my process, I would be more than happy to answer them! I will go ahead and say that all of the fabrics are Michael Miller, and most of them are Sarah Jane Studios for Michael Miller. I love Sarah Jane fabrics SO much! Her tagline is "illustrating childhood" and each of her prints is delicate, slightly vintage, but totally interesting in the most subtle way possible. I also bound the quilt in a thin stripe fabric, and I love how it turned out looking almost like a blanket stitch. Thanks for taking a peek!

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment